Friday, August 2, 2019

Get to Know the Teacher

Welcome! I'm excited to meet my next crew of students that will learn, grow, and succeed with me at Oakdale! I am thankful to be teaching at a new school that is closer to home this year.

Want to know a little about me? I am a Frederick County Public Schools product, having gone through the Walkersville High feeder pattern. I attended Frostburg State University for my dual undergrad degrees in Early Childhood Education and Elementary Education. Additionally, I obtained another degree with a Masters of Education in Reading Specialization from Hood College.  The 2019-2020 school year will be my 11th year of teaching. I taught nine years at Whittier Elementary School, four years were in Kindergarten and then five years in second grade. Last year, I opened Butterfly Ridge Elementary and taught Kindergarten. My husband, James, and I have been married for nine years. (Fun fact, we have been dating since 9th grade.) Our daughter, Madison, will be 7 years old in October and will be in first grade at Woodsboro Elementary. We also have a three year old son named Jackson. Our family has two dogs, our old man "Hunter" and our puppy "Duke."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Classroom Newsletter 10/21-25

Important Dates: Tuesday, 10/22- JERSEY DAY! (Spirit Day from Owl Sprint) Wednesday, 10/23- Half day of school due to evening conferenc...